Sunday, August 10, 2008

Idaho-Montana?-Wyoming

I left Jerome this morning at 7:15. Couldn't have been sooner. The rest of my drive through Idaho was prettier. I somehow found myself in Montana. I didn't take a wrong turn, it's just that the West Entrance to Yellowstone is actually in a little corner of the squiglly part of Montana and I didn't know I'd be there for 10 minutes. So make that 14 states in 5 days.

I paid $25 to get into yellowstone. They price it by car, so had anyone been with me, it wouldn't have been so outrageous...but I definitely got my money's worth. I had originally planned on driving through the park in two hours. But when you start stopping it adds up quick, so I was w/in the park for 3 1/2 hours. All worth it. One of the highlights of my summer. I took about 100 pictures in that time. Got real excited when I saw some buffalo in the distance. Seriously, a mile away. Then some that were 300 yds away. Then 30 yds. Then. Um, 30 feet. I was all up in his grill. But so was everyone else and I was wearing tennis shoes and they were large-sized. So, I was certain my reflexes were quicker and I could run faster, so if there was any aggression, I was good to go. You don't have to be the fastest; you just can't be the slowest. Otherwise--according to the flier I got upon entry to the park--Bison Will Gore You! Or something like that. Maybe it was something less dramatic. It's in the car. We can whip it out later.

Lots of weird sulfur-smelling shit. I love that part the best. I went about 10 years ago and remember that being the coolest part. I got to see some bubbling mud and smelly holes in the ground. Scenic views abounded. I have a tendency to gasp allowed when something impresses me. The first time I saw San Francisco, *GASP*. Seeing the Vegas Strip from my hotel last weekend, *GASP*. Seeing the Rockies for the first time *GASP*. Seeing the buffalo by the bathrooms today, *GASP*. Seriously, my heart was pounding when I got all up in his grill. Apparently none of my pictures will upload. Not on facebook, not on webshots, not here. Grrr. Best Western! Thanks for the high speed LAN. Where's my Wi-Fi? Oh wait, I'm in Wyoming, where I only get cell service in a 4 mile radius of the town I'm in. And even then, it's pretty weak.

After a long day, I'm relaxing and watching the Olympics. My impressions of tonight:
  • How pissed is the French Men's Relay Team (Swimming)? Haha.
  • Is George Bush still our president? Is he on vacation? I guess he's entitled to that, but there's kind of a war in Georgia. (which he probably believes his ancestors are from because of the similarity in their names.) Although, I do enjoy watching him try to play volleyball. Apparently he's all about the U.S. female volleyball team.
  • NBC loves montages. I don't ever want to see Michael Phelps in a montage again. I'm over it.
Alright, it's time for sleep. Photos to come.

No comments: